Sold for $700K at full price in two days.
BCP applied our unmatched approach to superior visual presentation and knowledge of the micro-market relevant to Overlook to obtain the highest sale price for this TH model in Overlook history.
Our client got $40K more than the most recent sale of this TH model, with that result coming in two days while other THs in Overlook and Landmark Mews linger on the market and sell for less than proper market value.
We fully furnished our client's empty house from the "House of BCP" interior design collection to ensure maximum visual impact upon buyers, both online and in person.
Your Choice of Real Estate Agent Matters.
Please enjoy this 3 bedroom, 2 full & 2 half bath, 2-car garage, 2260 finished sq.ft. townhouse in the sought-after Overlook community in Alexandria, Virginia.
The quality and scope of the upgrades throughout the house present a rarely found opportunity – A truly move-in ready home located inside the Beltway with immediate access to 395/495/95, but within a tree-lined, green-space community surrounding a Fairfax County Park.
While residents live in this Park-like setting, Overlook is also perfectly positioned for residents to reap “livability” and house valuation benefits from the forthcoming Landmark Mall redevelopment and other planned projects along the Landmark-Van Dorn Corridor.
A full description of the house features and upgrades and the Overlook community is provided below.
A detailed summary is also provided on the recently announced mixed-use redevelopment plan for Landmark Mall with Inova as the anchor client building a new Alexandria hospital and Foulger-Pratt as the local developer.
A focus on the details – both big and small – is apparent throughout, from the choices in granite in the kitchen and bathrooms, to the upgraded light fixtures, to the brushed nickel hardware on every door in the house, with levers replacing knobs for a more elegant look and feel. An eye-pleasing color palette throughout the house will complement any design style preferred by the new homeowner.
- The house opens to a living room, where a gas fireplace and flanking built-in bookcases create a welcoming design focal point to enjoy as the first view upon entry. The living room view is complemented by the upgraded entry lantern fixture and mini-candelabra, both of which provide elegant design features to enjoy from throughout the main level.
- The living room opens to the dining room, with both rooms having crown molding and hardwood floors. The dining room has chair rail and wainscot trim, with a new candelabra creating another design focal point.
- The main level leads on to the kitchen with a cook's layout that is ready for entertaining. The kitchen has a deep-well sink on the island, ample prep room, stainless steel appliances, high-end granite counters, and a tiled floor. The kitchen island is sized for eating or watching the cook at work, with room for two stools.
- The open kitchen has an adjacent space with room for a sitting area or a table for informal dining. A bump-out space is sized for a relaxing sitting area with two walls of windows that look upon the deck and stone retaining wall and mature trees behind the house.
- The kitchen leads to a large deck for al fresco dining or entertaining. The decking is composite with a tobacco color, which provides both visual appeal and ease of maintenance. The house backs to mature trees that provide privacy for the main and bedroom levels.
- The Owner’s Suite Bedroom suite is large enough to make a King-size bed look small, with a large walk-in closet and separate seating area.
- The Owner’s Suite Bathroom is upgraded with high-end granite, rectangular undermount sinks, Moen fixtures with matching accessories, framed mirrors, and a soaking tub. This bathroom has a separate water closet for privacy.
- The 2nd spare bedroom is sized for a Queen bed with a double door closet.
- The 3rd bedroom is currently furnished as an office, with a double door closet.
- The 2nd full bathroom upstairs is upgraded with a high-end granite vanity top, rectangular undermount sink, Moen brushed nickel faucet and matching accessories, framed mirror, and light fixture.
- The laundry is located on the bedroom level.
- The lower level has upgraded carpet, with room to watch a large screen TV. The new homeowner can also set up a library or office in the bump out area. The lower level has a tiled floor leading to the garage door, for ease of cleanup when entering the house.
- The lower level also has a half bathroom, which is upgraded with a new faucet, framed mirror, and light fixture.
- The garage is a two-car, single door model, with a separate storage area. The garage and storage area have shelving in place to provide various storage and usage options.
- The driveway offers space for two parking spaces. Visitor parking is available across from the house at the end of Split Creek, as well as at the mailboxes and at the other end of Split Creek.
- The HVAC system (Trane) was upgraded in 2013.
- The roof was replaced in 2018.
- The hot water heater was replaced in 2020.
Overlook Community Details:
Overlook is located just inside the Beltway, with immediate access to 395/495/95 and a bus to the Pentagon Metro that you can catch with less than a 5-minute walk from the front door. The Van Dorn Metro is located less than a 10-minute drive. Dining, shopping, recreational, and cultural options found in Washington DC, Old Town Alexandria, Arlington, and Tysons are within easy reach. A wide range of regular Life necessities are all within 10-15 minutes from Overlook. The St. James, a 450,000 sq.ft. sport, wellness, and lifestyle complex is a 10 minute drive.
Entering Overlook, you enjoy a drive up a winding, tree-lined avenue, which gives the Community a feeling of calm apart from the rush of daily Life. Overlook surrounds Fairfax County's Bren Mar Park, with its mature trees and walking trails. The green space, coupled with wide streets and greater rear separation from other houses for better privacy, are quality of Life features that are rarely found in a community located inside the Beltway. When living in Overlook, these features are yours to enjoy.
Overlook also offers its residents an outdoor pool, playgrounds, tennis court, and access to Fios high speed internet.
The planned redevelopment projects within Alexandria's West End are located to benefit the community from their proximity. Overlook will offer its residents easy access to the shopping, dining, and entertainment amenities in these projects, yet you get to live in a Park-like setting, with a neighborhood look and feel.
UPDATE ON ALEXANDRIA WEST END REDEVELOPMENT PROJECTS:
On December 22, 2020, the City of Alexandria announced the plan to redevelop Landmark Mall, with Inova as the anchor client and Foulger-Pratt as the local developer. The City’s announcement and information regarding the project can be viewed at the following links (City 12-22-2020 press announcement and Landmark Mixed Use Redevelopment 1-4-2021 Community Information Session presentation (link is to YouTube video of presentation/the presentation slides are uploaded to property website).
Inova will build a new World-class hospital complex with a:
- 230 in-patient hospital (all private rooms);
- Level II Trauma Center (1 of 3 in NoVa);
- Level III NICU;
- Comprehensive cancer care center;
- Advanced services for obstetrics, heart & vascular, & neurosciences; and
- Medical office building for 50 specialty physicians.
Construction is scheduled to commence in 2023, the first buildings will be ready in 2025, and the new Inova Alexandria hospital is scheduled to open in 1st Quarter of 2028.
Apart from bringing a World-class hospital and shopping, dining, entertainment options five minutes from Overlook, the Landmark Mall project will be a catalyst for other planned development projects that will bring additional options for the latter livability benefits along the Landmark-Van Dorn Corridor, such as Landmark Overlook, Greenhill South, Avanti 550, and others.
Bella Casa Partners © 2021
Bella Casa Partners™ is an agent team of KW United Alexandria-Kingstowne. Office located in Alexandria, Virginia. 703-562-1800. Each office is independently owned and operated. If you are currently under a brokerage agreement with another agency, this is not a solicitation. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. All properties are subject to prior sale, rental, or other disposition.
Bella Casa Partners™ is a trademark of Bella Casa Partners, LLC. The KW logo is a trademark of KELLER WILLIAMS® real estate brokerage. © 2023 Bella Casa Partners, LLC. (License No. 0226031610).